One of my favorite things these days is “porch time.” This tradition started with the imperative to stop everything late afternoon and retire to the front porch Adirondack chairs, cold beverage optional. The afternoon sun and sunset are always an Adirondack treat here at the homestead. Lately it seems, any time is great porch time; morning tea and surfing, afternoon office work, and just doing business time. As technology progressed, so has porch time. Thanks to our blasting broadband connection and wireless technology, I can work surrounded by mountain views and all those Adirondack negative ions. At the risk of stating the obvious, if you like the outdoors and can work remotely, you might consider living at least part-time in the Adirondacks. It is very special.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Whiteface Mountain outdoor recreation yoga Seasons eye candy skiing backcountry skiing Nordic skiing holidays Fall foliage trail running Adirondack views nature Moose Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory outdoor living maple syrup outdoors Lake Placid Real Estate Real Estate Fall Spring Lake Placid Wildlife Adirondack Great Camp cross-country skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Summer wellness swimming Mt. Marcy Telemark Tuesday Whiteface Toll Road deer Mt. Van Hoevenberg hiking foliage Alpine skiing Ziggy Snow Snow Pics Adirondack Real Estate Market Wildflowers The Adirondack Lifestyle weather
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike