One of my favorite things these days is “porch time.” This tradition started with the imperative to stop everything late afternoon and retire to the front porch Adirondack chairs, cold beverage optional. The afternoon sun and sunset are always an Adirondack treat here at the homestead. Lately it seems, any time is great porch time; morning tea and surfing, afternoon office work, and just doing business time. As technology progressed, so has porch time. Thanks to our blasting broadband connection and wireless technology, I can work surrounded by mountain views and all those Adirondack negative ions. At the risk of stating the obvious, if you like the outdoors and can work remotely, you might consider living at least part-time in the Adirondacks. It is very special.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Wildlife Fall Whiteface Mountain Lake Placid the lake Wildflowers eye candy foliage Adirondack Real Estate Market skiing Snow Pics trail running Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Spring wellness maple syrup Summer outdoors outdoor recreation Adirondack Great Camp swimming cross-country skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Lake Placid Mt. Van Hoevenberg Lake Placid Real Estate Real Estate Fall foliage Ziggy weather Snow Bears nature outdoor living The Adirondack Lifestyle Road Cycling yoga Alpine skiing Nordic skiing hiking Moose Telemark Tuesday deer backcountry skiing Adirondack views Mt. Marcy
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks