This proves it: Adirondack Moose are a special breed. Today’s featured photo is evidence that unlike Bullwinkle who left the flying to Rocky, Adirondack moose like to fly. If you look closely at the photo, you will see a moose getting ready to head up the elevator in order to jump off the Olympic Ski Jumps here in Lake Placid. This photo was taken recently at the ski jumps and probably features the same moose who has also been spotted strolling across Old Military Road in Lake Placid. If you are in the region and interested in flying meese, stop by the ski jumps and maybe you’ll be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of our Ski-jumping Moose!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Mt. Van Hoevenberg Moose Summer outdoor recreation Lake Placid Real Estate Spring holidays Wildflowers hiking Telemark Tuesday Adirondack Lifestyle Lake Placid Adirondack views foliage Snow Pics Whiteface Toll Road Mt. Marcy cross-country skiing maple syrup Fall foliage eye candy Real Estate Fall Adirondack Real Estate Market outdoor living Alpine skiing Ziggy Wildlife nature deer outdoors Seasons The Adirondack Lifestyle wellness weather Nordic skiing yoga Snow skiing Adirondack Great Camp swimming Whiteface Mountain Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory backcountry skiing trail running
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike