This proves it: Adirondack Moose are a special breed. Today’s featured photo is evidence that unlike Bullwinkle who left the flying to Rocky, Adirondack moose like to fly. If you look closely at the photo, you will see a moose getting ready to head up the elevator in order to jump off the Olympic Ski Jumps here in Lake Placid. This photo was taken recently at the ski jumps and probably features the same moose who has also been spotted strolling across Old Military Road in Lake Placid. If you are in the region and interested in flying meese, stop by the ski jumps and maybe you’ll be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of our Ski-jumping Moose!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Real Estate hiking Whiteface Mountain Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Nordic skiing The Adirondack Lifestyle trail running yoga weather Snow Pics outdoor recreation Adirondack Real Estate Market Summer outdoors eye candy Mt. Van Hoevenberg Adirondack Great Camp cross-country skiing Adirondack views Lake Placid Mt. Marcy Telemark Tuesday Moose Alpine skiing Spring Wildflowers Bears Snow outdoor living maple syrup swimming Fall backcountry skiing deer skiing wellness Adirondack Lifestyle Lake Placid Real Estate Ziggy nature Wildlife foliage Fall foliage Lake Placid the lake Road Cycling
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid