This morning’s cacophony of bird songs that woke me up reminded me that one usually cannot hear the song of one of my favorite Adirondack creatures amidst the clatter of the Robins and Wood Thrush. The Ruby-throated Hummingbird is an amazing little bird. I usually just hear their buzz as they fly by to snatch some syrup from the feeder, but they do twitter and chatter occasionally. They are one of my favorite aspects of summer in the Adirondacks.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Adirondack views outdoor recreation outdoors Mt. Marcy Adirondack Lifestyle wellness hiking nature Wildflowers Telemark Tuesday Snow Whiteface Mountain Moose Spring Adirondack Real Estate Market eye candy Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory maple syrup deer Bears Summer Nordic skiing yoga Lake Placid Real Estate Snow Pics swimming foliage Wildlife The Adirondack Lifestyle Real Estate Alpine skiing Fall backcountry skiing outdoor living Road Cycling weather Ziggy Lake Placid trail running cross-country skiing Adirondack Great Camp Mt. Van Hoevenberg skiing Lake Placid the lake Fall foliage
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid