This morning’s cacophony of bird songs that woke me up reminded me that one usually cannot hear the song of one of my favorite Adirondack creatures amidst the clatter of the Robins and Wood Thrush. The Ruby-throated Hummingbird is an amazing little bird. I usually just hear their buzz as they fly by to snatch some syrup from the feeder, but they do twitter and chatter occasionally. They are one of my favorite aspects of summer in the Adirondacks.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
wellness backcountry skiing Mt. Van Hoevenberg Whiteface Toll Road Whiteface Mountain nature outdoors The Adirondack Lifestyle Ziggy Summer Adirondack Great Camp foliage yoga eye candy holidays outdoor living Alpine skiing trail running hiking Lake Placid Real Estate Seasons Lake Placid Moose Fall swimming Adirondack Real Estate Market maple syrup Adirondack Lifestyle Mt. Marcy Spring Real Estate Wildlife cross-country skiing skiing Adirondack views Snow Pics Snow outdoor recreation Nordic skiing weather Fall foliage Telemark Tuesday Wildflowers deer Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike