The past several days have been absolutely stunning here in the North Country. The nights have been a little chilly; below 32 degrees with frost. Clear, cold conditions however, guarantee fantastic views and vistas here in the Adirondacks. A great place to take a walk with views and in the woods on days like this are the Lake Placid Peninsula Trails, accessible from the Village of Lake Placid. These trails follow the shore of the body of water called Lake Placid, the lake. Whiteface Mountain seems to spring up out of the Lake. Here is the link to the Lake Placid, the Lake photo album from the past few days. At the Lake Placid Outlet there is a dam which turns the water overflow from the lake into a rushing Adirondack brook. It is a great place to pick up some negative ions!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Mt. Marcy Snow Pics swimming outdoor living yoga Wildlife maple syrup Adirondack Real Estate Market hiking eye candy Seasons Telemark Tuesday Fall foliage cross-country skiing Ziggy Summer trail running Wildflowers Fall foliage Spring Alpine skiing Whiteface Mountain Moose Nordic skiing weather outdoors skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Lake Placid Real Estate wellness Adirondack Great Camp Real Estate Mt. Van Hoevenberg Whiteface Toll Road backcountry skiing The Adirondack Lifestyle holidays Adirondack views deer outdoor recreation Snow nature Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Lake Placid
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike