The past several days have been absolutely stunning here in the North Country. The nights have been a little chilly; below 32 degrees with frost. Clear, cold conditions however, guarantee fantastic views and vistas here in the Adirondacks. A great place to take a walk with views and in the woods on days like this are the Lake Placid Peninsula Trails, accessible from the Village of Lake Placid. These trails follow the shore of the body of water called Lake Placid, the lake. Whiteface Mountain seems to spring up out of the Lake. Here is the link to the Lake Placid, the Lake photo album from the past few days. At the Lake Placid Outlet there is a dam which turns the water overflow from the lake into a rushing Adirondack brook. It is a great place to pick up some negative ions!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Road Cycling cross-country skiing maple syrup Mt. Marcy outdoor living Wildlife Fall Lake Placid Wildflowers Lake Placid Real Estate skiing outdoor recreation Snow Pics Fall foliage Bears yoga Whiteface Mountain hiking foliage eye candy nature weather Alpine skiing swimming deer backcountry skiing Adirondack views Adirondack Real Estate Market trail running Ziggy Nordic skiing Telemark Tuesday Moose Adirondack Great Camp Snow Summer Real Estate wellness The Adirondack Lifestyle Lake Placid the lake Mt. Van Hoevenberg Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Spring outdoors
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks