Whiteface Mountain is once again the site of a prestigious alpine ski event: the North American Cup Alpine Ski Finals. And once again, a local boy shines on his hometown mountain. Lake Placid native and member of the U.S. Alpine Ski Team, Andrew Weibrecht, came in second in the men’s Super G behind fellow-U.S. racer, Kevin Francis of Bend Orgeon. Andrew Weibrecht is yet another one of our awesome skiers and nice young men, born and bred in Lake Placid. Andrew has had an incredible career as an alpine racer and is the son of Lisa and Ed Weibrecht - congratulations to the Weibrecht family!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Wildlife swimming weather trail running Adirondack Lifestyle nature Lake Placid Real Estate Ziggy outdoor living yoga outdoors skiing cross-country skiing Fall foliage hiking Lake Placid Alpine skiing Wildflowers Spring Road Cycling Summer Real Estate eye candy Telemark Tuesday Adirondack Great Camp outdoor recreation Lake Placid the lake Whiteface Mountain The Adirondack Lifestyle backcountry skiing Adirondack Real Estate Market Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Snow Pics Mt. Van Hoevenberg Nordic skiing deer Adirondack views foliage Mt. Marcy maple syrup Bears Snow wellness Moose Fall
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid