Whiteface Mountain is once again the site of a prestigious alpine ski event: the North American Cup Alpine Ski Finals. And once again, a local boy shines on his hometown mountain. Lake Placid native and member of the U.S. Alpine Ski Team, Andrew Weibrecht, came in second in the men’s Super G behind fellow-U.S. racer, Kevin Francis of Bend Orgeon. Andrew Weibrecht is yet another one of our awesome skiers and nice young men, born and bred in Lake Placid. Andrew has had an incredible career as an alpine racer and is the son of Lisa and Ed Weibrecht - congratulations to the Weibrecht family!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
swimming Adirondack views Mt. Van Hoevenberg Fall Ziggy Telemark Tuesday Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Whiteface Toll Road Snow The Adirondack Lifestyle backcountry skiing yoga deer skiing Mt. Marcy hiking Adirondack Great Camp Seasons Summer Wildflowers Fall foliage eye candy holidays maple syrup Wildlife trail running outdoor living Lake Placid Adirondack Lifestyle Whiteface Mountain foliage Spring Alpine skiing Adirondack Real Estate Market Real Estate weather Nordic skiing Moose Snow Pics cross-country skiing nature Lake Placid Real Estate outdoor recreation outdoors wellness
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike