This is just a quickee post to say that Mt. Van Hoevenberg had fantastic skiing this evening. Since I’ve heard from some of you x-c racers who are interested in the Loppet, I wanted to let you know that we are supposed to get a bunch of slop weather tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night. I heard from the powers that be at the Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA) that they will make a decision on weather or not, oops, whether or not to hold the race, on Wednesday. I will certainly post something here as soon as I can, but don’t rely on me. Check out the MVH web info. And, of course, keep your fingers crossed for snow not rain!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Nordic skiing skiing Whiteface Mountain foliage Snow Pics Ziggy Snow Lake Placid Lake Placid Real Estate deer Lake Placid the lake outdoor recreation cross-country skiing Fall foliage trail running Mt. Marcy Adirondack views Mt. Van Hoevenberg nature eye candy The Adirondack Lifestyle outdoor living maple syrup Wildflowers Moose Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Road Cycling Adirondack Great Camp backcountry skiing Summer Alpine skiing wellness swimming Fall Adirondack Real Estate Market Adirondack Lifestyle outdoors yoga hiking Spring Bears Telemark Tuesday weather Wildlife Real Estate
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid