The weather-people got it all wrong this week and that is a good thing! We received about 16 inches of new snow in the last 24 hours. The Lake Placid Loppet will be held as scheduled and skiing everywhere is back to beautiful. I am certain to receive a Whiteface Mountain report this afternoon as I am working the morning shift at the Prudential Terry Horrocks real estate office. My guess is some of my colleagues are at the mountain conducting research for my blog. Today’s photo was taken early this morning on Main Street in Lake Placid. This is how we “shovel” sidewalks in mountain resorts!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
yoga outdoors Ziggy Whiteface Toll Road hiking trail running weather cross-country skiing eye candy wellness holidays Snow Pics Fall foliage foliage backcountry skiing outdoor living outdoor recreation Alpine skiing Lake Placid nature Real Estate deer Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Moose Adirondack Great Camp Mt. Van Hoevenberg The Adirondack Lifestyle Snow Wildflowers Spring Telemark Tuesday Whiteface Mountain Lake Placid Real Estate Mt. Marcy Wildlife skiing Summer maple syrup swimming Fall Seasons Adirondack Lifestyle Nordic skiing Adirondack views Adirondack Real Estate Market
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike