The weather-people got it all wrong this week and that is a good thing! We received about 16 inches of new snow in the last 24 hours. The Lake Placid Loppet will be held as scheduled and skiing everywhere is back to beautiful. I am certain to receive a Whiteface Mountain report this afternoon as I am working the morning shift at the Prudential Terry Horrocks real estate office. My guess is some of my colleagues are at the mountain conducting research for my blog. Today’s photo was taken early this morning on Main Street in Lake Placid. This is how we “shovel” sidewalks in mountain resorts!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Snow Pics Mt. Van Hoevenberg Adirondack views Wildlife nature Snow maple syrup Ziggy Lake Placid the lake backcountry skiing wellness Summer swimming Telemark Tuesday Nordic skiing Mt. Marcy skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Road Cycling trail running Alpine skiing Bears outdoors Lake Placid weather Moose Wildflowers eye candy Adirondack Lifestyle Fall Real Estate outdoor recreation Adirondack Real Estate Market The Adirondack Lifestyle outdoor living Lake Placid Real Estate yoga foliage cross-country skiing Spring hiking Whiteface Mountain Fall foliage Adirondack Great Camp deer
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid