I cannot tell a lie - the weather stinks here in the Adirondacks. We’ve had three days of warm temperatures and rain. We’ve lost a great deal of snow, even Mount Van Hoevenberg is closed. It was 60 degrees in Lake Placid yesterday, which brought many of us outside for the ‘walk around the lake.’ It seemed unanimous, the brilliant sunshine was a welcome and nice change. The temps, however, are already falling and snow is in the forecast. I am not despairing about skiing; neither should you. Pretty soon I will bring out the tired phrase….skiing’s great in New York State!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Mt. Marcy outdoors swimming Lake Placid The Adirondack Lifestyle Snow hiking skiing Whiteface Toll Road Summer Adirondack views Fall foliage Adirondack Real Estate Market nature weather foliage outdoor recreation Fall outdoor living backcountry skiing eye candy Snow Pics trail running deer Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Moose holidays Alpine skiing Seasons maple syrup Spring Adirondack Great Camp Wildlife Whiteface Mountain Mt. Van Hoevenberg Nordic skiing Ziggy yoga Lake Placid Real Estate Wildflowers wellness Real Estate Adirondack Lifestyle cross-country skiing Telemark Tuesday
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike