I cannot tell a lie - the weather stinks here in the Adirondacks. We’ve had three days of warm temperatures and rain. We’ve lost a great deal of snow, even Mount Van Hoevenberg is closed. It was 60 degrees in Lake Placid yesterday, which brought many of us outside for the ‘walk around the lake.’ It seemed unanimous, the brilliant sunshine was a welcome and nice change. The temps, however, are already falling and snow is in the forecast. I am not despairing about skiing; neither should you. Pretty soon I will bring out the tired phrase….skiing’s great in New York State!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Bears Telemark Tuesday Lake Placid the lake outdoor living Adirondack views maple syrup Adirondack Lifestyle Wildlife Snow Pics Fall hiking trail running yoga outdoors nature Wildflowers Lake Placid weather foliage Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Adirondack Great Camp Alpine skiing swimming The Adirondack Lifestyle Snow Mt. Van Hoevenberg Adirondack Real Estate Market Fall foliage Adirondack Property for Sale Real Estate outdoor recreation Lake Placid Real Estate wellness cross-country skiing Moose Nordic skiing eye candy Spring Mt. Marcy backcountry skiing Ziggy deer Road Cycling Whiteface Mountain skiing
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid