I’ve been planning to take a photo of the view I see every morning trip from my home, in to the Village of Lake Placid. There is a spot on Route 73, just before rounding the curve at the Intervale Ski Jumps, when I can see the ski jumps and the AuSable River sourrounded by balsams, displayed in front of the stunning backdrop of sunlit Whiteface Mountain. It is one of the many ‘million dollar views’ I carry around in my head whenever I leave the Adirondacks. I was thinking of the blog this morning and had the camera with me, but the top of Whiteface was covered by a cloud, so I will have to post that view another time. You can follow this link for more ‘million dollar views’ of my walk to the real estate office.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
cross-country skiing skiing The Adirondack Lifestyle eye candy Nordic skiing Fall foliage Moose Adirondack Lifestyle backcountry skiing Fall foliage Spring maple syrup hiking Adirondack views weather outdoor living Alpine skiing Adirondack Real Estate Market Whiteface Mountain Mt. Van Hoevenberg wellness Snow Pics yoga swimming trail running Bears Telemark Tuesday Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Wildflowers deer Snow nature Real Estate outdoors Road Cycling Lake Placid the lake Ziggy Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack Great Camp Wildlife Summer outdoor recreation Mt. Marcy Lake Placid
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid