The New York Times online has another feature about Whiteface Mountain on the front page. I couldn’t figure out how to get the video in this blog, so you’ll have to go to the Times and follow these directions: if you go to the NY Times Online home page, scroll down a bit to the box that has “Video” on the top. Choose the “Business” video, and you will see a cool bit about Whiteface and snowboarding. One of the youngsters in the video with the Times reporter is the son of a family friend. He says the snowboarders call older folks who try to snowboard, “Grays on trays.” Awesome!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
foliage wellness Whiteface Mountain holidays Spring The Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Lifestyle hiking yoga outdoors Moose Adirondack Real Estate Market Lake Placid Ziggy Alpine skiing Adirondack views trail running Whiteface Toll Road Wildlife Summer Mt. Van Hoevenberg skiing Adirondack Great Camp Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory cross-country skiing outdoor living eye candy Snow swimming deer maple syrup Fall foliage Nordic skiing Snow Pics Real Estate nature Wildflowers Telemark Tuesday Fall Seasons backcountry skiing weather Lake Placid Real Estate outdoor recreation Mt. Marcy
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike