The New York Times online has another feature about Whiteface Mountain on the front page. I couldn’t figure out how to get the video in this blog, so you’ll have to go to the Times and follow these directions: if you go to the NY Times Online home page, scroll down a bit to the box that has “Video” on the top. Choose the “Business” video, and you will see a cool bit about Whiteface and snowboarding. One of the youngsters in the video with the Times reporter is the son of a family friend. He says the snowboarders call older folks who try to snowboard, “Grays on trays.” Awesome!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
yoga Adirondack Real Estate Market weather nature Road Cycling Real Estate Alpine skiing skiing Fall Adirondack views Spring Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack Lifestyle cross-country skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Wildflowers Ziggy Moose The Adirondack Lifestyle Mt. Van Hoevenberg backcountry skiing Nordic skiing Wildlife Telemark Tuesday Snow Pics hiking swimming outdoor recreation Adirondack Great Camp outdoor living deer Fall foliage foliage Lake Placid the lake trail running eye candy maple syrup Mt. Marcy Whiteface Mountain Summer Bears Lake Placid Snow wellness outdoors
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks