Adirondack native nordic combined ski racer, Bill Demong, placed second Saturday in a World Cup Nordic Combined event in Italy. This second place finish moved Bill up to second place overall in the World Cup standings. The Nordic combined genre of skiing is when the participant competes in a ski jump, and then cross-country ski races, with the ski starting position based on his performance in the ski jump. Traditionally, the United States has not been a ‘powerhouse’ country in this event. The Fins and the Germans tend to do well since ski jumping is to Finland as baseball is to the United States. Bill has been a ski racer and jumper since elementary school and has worked hard to make it to the top of his sport. And, he is a very nice young man. Way to go Bill!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
wellness maple syrup Telemark Tuesday Real Estate cross-country skiing Ziggy weather deer outdoor recreation Lake Placid Snow Pics outdoors Adirondack Real Estate Market Wildlife Whiteface Mountain Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Alpine skiing swimming foliage Whiteface Toll Road skiing Adirondack Great Camp eye candy Moose nature Mt. Marcy Wildflowers yoga holidays Spring Mt. Van Hoevenberg outdoor living Adirondack Lifestyle Nordic skiing Fall Snow Adirondack views Summer Lake Placid Real Estate Fall foliage The Adirondack Lifestyle hiking trail running backcountry skiing Seasons
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike