It was a lovely late afternoon and evening here in the Adirondacks. The Olympic cross-country ski trails at Mount Van Hoevenberg (MVH) are worth mentioning today because the staff has done such a superb job. After the rain and subsequent cold, conditions are challenging, to say the least. Not to worry though, the trails have been tilled and groomed to perfection. The ski-skating is outstanding, with great conditions for interval training, or specific technique or speed workouts. It was great fun! And the sunset was glorious this evening as well. Adirondack sunset are very special; their peach, lavender and gray stripes contrasted against the mountains and balsams are truly spectacular. Here are a few shots of today’s views.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Snow Pics Lake Placid Real Estate skiing Fall The Adirondack Lifestyle yoga Wildlife backcountry skiing Road Cycling outdoor recreation maple syrup outdoors Lake Placid Adirondack Great Camp Alpine skiing Fall foliage wellness Real Estate Spring Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Mt. Van Hoevenberg foliage Whiteface Mountain swimming nature Mt. Marcy hiking Ziggy Adirondack Lifestyle deer weather Adirondack Real Estate Market trail running Adirondack views Snow Nordic skiing Summer cross-country skiing outdoor living Lake Placid the lake Telemark Tuesday Moose Bears eye candy Wildflowers
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid