It was a lovely late afternoon and evening here in the Adirondacks. The Olympic cross-country ski trails at Mount Van Hoevenberg (MVH) are worth mentioning today because the staff has done such a superb job. After the rain and subsequent cold, conditions are challenging, to say the least. Not to worry though, the trails have been tilled and groomed to perfection. The ski-skating is outstanding, with great conditions for interval training, or specific technique or speed workouts. It was great fun! And the sunset was glorious this evening as well. Adirondack sunset are very special; their peach, lavender and gray stripes contrasted against the mountains and balsams are truly spectacular. Here are a few shots of today’s views.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Fall Adirondack Real Estate Market Moose Wildflowers maple syrup Real Estate weather Wildlife Adirondack Lifestyle wellness Mt. Marcy deer cross-country skiing Seasons Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Snow Pics Mt. Van Hoevenberg Adirondack Great Camp outdoors swimming yoga Fall foliage Ziggy Summer Whiteface Toll Road nature The Adirondack Lifestyle outdoor living Adirondack views Telemark Tuesday Snow Spring Whiteface Mountain Alpine skiing Lake Placid Real Estate skiing outdoor recreation Lake Placid foliage trail running eye candy backcountry skiing hiking Nordic skiing holidays
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike