Whiteface Mountain, in Wilmington, New York, was recently named the 4th most popular ski resort in North America by Conde Nast magazine. I was pleasantly surprised to hear this news. As you may have noticed, I am a big fan of the Adirondacks. And even after living here for 20 years, I still feel like I am on holiday. However, the rating surprised even me. There are no Vermont ski resorts even close to Whiteface in the ranking - and the list was for all of North America. It seems the Adirondacks have been discovered as a resort destination. The word from the tourism folks is that town is completely full and booked for this holiday week!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Ziggy yoga Lake Placid Real Estate Wildflowers Whiteface Toll Road deer foliage Adirondack views holidays skiing Adirondack Great Camp swimming hiking Real Estate wellness Adirondack Lifestyle eye candy Adirondack Real Estate Market weather cross-country skiing Snow Pics Lake Placid Alpine skiing Wildlife Fall foliage Summer Mt. Van Hoevenberg backcountry skiing outdoor living Fall Mt. Marcy nature The Adirondack Lifestyle Nordic skiing Telemark Tuesday outdoors trail running Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Snow outdoor recreation Seasons Spring Moose maple syrup Whiteface Mountain
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike