Whiteface Mountain, in Wilmington, New York, was recently named the 4th most popular ski resort in North America by Conde Nast magazine. I was pleasantly surprised to hear this news. As you may have noticed, I am a big fan of the Adirondacks. And even after living here for 20 years, I still feel like I am on holiday. However, the rating surprised even me. There are no Vermont ski resorts even close to Whiteface in the ranking - and the list was for all of North America. It seems the Adirondacks have been discovered as a resort destination. The word from the tourism folks is that town is completely full and booked for this holiday week!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Wildlife maple syrup outdoors eye candy Fall foliage skiing foliage swimming deer Ziggy outdoor recreation cross-country skiing Bears nature Telemark Tuesday The Adirondack Lifestyle backcountry skiing Whiteface Mountain Real Estate outdoor living Wildflowers Moose Lake Placid the lake Snow Pics hiking Lake Placid Adirondack Real Estate Market yoga Snow Nordic skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Alpine skiing trail running weather Road Cycling Adirondack views wellness Fall Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Spring Mt. Van Hoevenberg Mt. Marcy Adirondack Great Camp Lake Placid Real Estate Summer
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid