Certainly on a blog about all things Adirondack, one would expect to find information about some of the best skiing, hiking, paddling, fishing, etc. in the world. But, unfortunately, life is not all playtime, even in the Adirondacks. If you are considering a move to the Adirondacks, you might be interested in the school system. Lake Placid, for example, has an elementary school, a middle school, and a high school. There are also a number of private schools in the area. My son attended Northwood School and we were very pleased. It is a great place for a serious student-athlete who plans on attending college.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
swimming yoga weather backcountry skiing Whiteface Toll Road hiking Fall foliage outdoor living trail running Spring Wildlife skiing Fall Adirondack Lifestyle Lake Placid nature Adirondack views foliage Adirondack Real Estate Market deer wellness Adirondack Great Camp Whiteface Mountain Telemark Tuesday eye candy maple syrup Nordic skiing Ziggy cross-country skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Alpine skiing Real Estate outdoors Summer Seasons Mt. Van Hoevenberg The Adirondack Lifestyle Mt. Marcy Snow Pics Wildflowers outdoor recreation Lake Placid Real Estate Snow holidays Moose
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike