Certainly on a blog about all things Adirondack, one would expect to find information about some of the best skiing, hiking, paddling, fishing, etc. in the world. But, unfortunately, life is not all playtime, even in the Adirondacks. If you are considering a move to the Adirondacks, you might be interested in the school system. Lake Placid, for example, has an elementary school, a middle school, and a high school. There are also a number of private schools in the area. My son attended Northwood School and we were very pleased. It is a great place for a serious student-athlete who plans on attending college.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
outdoors Wildlife Spring swimming Adirondack Great Camp hiking outdoor living backcountry skiing Ziggy cross-country skiing weather Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Snow Pics trail running maple syrup yoga wellness skiing Lake Placid Real Estate Snow Fall deer Adirondack views Adirondack Real Estate Market outdoor recreation Wildflowers Whiteface Mountain Bears Alpine skiing The Adirondack Lifestyle Summer Moose Road Cycling eye candy Nordic skiing Fall foliage foliage Lake Placid the lake Telemark Tuesday Mt. Marcy Mt. Van Hoevenberg Adirondack Lifestyle nature Real Estate Lake Placid
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks