It is a pleasure to report great news like this. Bill Demong, a local cross-country ski racer and ski jumper won his third Nordic Combined World Cup last Saturday in Norway. A born and bred Adirondacker, Bill was a contemporary of my son and started ski racing and jumping when he was an elementary school student. He trained locally on the Olympic trails at Mt. Van Hoeverberg and at the Olympic Ski Jumping Complex in Lake Placid. I will never forget the parent/child ski jumping competition when Bill’s father Leo, had such a good time. Way to go Bill - and congratulations Helen and Leo.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
backcountry skiing Whiteface Mountain Lake Placid Real Estate foliage The Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Great Camp Adirondack views Wildlife weather Lake Placid outdoors Ziggy Alpine skiing outdoor recreation Adirondack Real Estate Market skiing Fall Whiteface Toll Road outdoor living Spring Telemark Tuesday nature deer wellness yoga swimming Fall foliage Mt. Marcy Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Snow Summer eye candy Mt. Van Hoevenberg holidays trail running Real Estate hiking maple syrup Wildflowers Snow Pics Moose Seasons Nordic skiing cross-country skiing
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike