It is a pleasure to report great news like this. Bill Demong, a local cross-country ski racer and ski jumper won his third Nordic Combined World Cup last Saturday in Norway. A born and bred Adirondacker, Bill was a contemporary of my son and started ski racing and jumping when he was an elementary school student. He trained locally on the Olympic trails at Mt. Van Hoeverberg and at the Olympic Ski Jumping Complex in Lake Placid. I will never forget the parent/child ski jumping competition when Bill’s father Leo, had such a good time. Way to go Bill - and congratulations Helen and Leo.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Adirondack Great Camp Wildlife Fall foliage Summer weather Snow Fall maple syrup backcountry skiing Mt. Marcy Adirondack Real Estate Market outdoor recreation The Adirondack Lifestyle foliage Lake Placid the lake skiing Ziggy Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Moose Snow Pics Mt. Van Hoevenberg Lake Placid Real Estate wellness trail running eye candy cross-country skiing deer Alpine skiing nature Telemark Tuesday Bears Nordic skiing outdoors Real Estate swimming Road Cycling hiking yoga outdoor living Spring Adirondack views Wildflowers Whiteface Mountain Lake Placid
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid