Happy darkest day of the year! I was looking for Adirondack pagan Winter Solstice rituals to write about, but couldn’t find anything applicable except the bit about ‘drinking vast quantities of fermented beverages,’ which of course, Adirondackers do pretty well. I plan to celebrate the first day of winter on skis. You should too!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Fall foliage cross-country skiing Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack Great Camp eye candy Snow Pics Adirondack Real Estate Market Spring Telemark Tuesday Whiteface Toll Road Fall trail running Ziggy Adirondack Lifestyle Mt. Van Hoevenberg Whiteface Mountain Summer Nordic skiing deer Wildlife outdoor living maple syrup yoga Adirondack views foliage outdoors Seasons swimming weather The Adirondack Lifestyle outdoor recreation holidays Snow backcountry skiing Lake Placid nature wellness hiking Alpine skiing Wildflowers Real Estate Mt. Marcy Moose skiing Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike