Happy darkest day of the year! I was looking for Adirondack pagan Winter Solstice rituals to write about, but couldn’t find anything applicable except the bit about ‘drinking vast quantities of fermented beverages,’ which of course, Adirondackers do pretty well. I plan to celebrate the first day of winter on skis. You should too!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Nordic skiing hiking Lake Placid Real Estate yoga foliage trail running Bears Adirondack Real Estate Market Road Cycling Wildflowers Lake Placid Adirondack Lifestyle Snow Pics Adirondack Great Camp Summer Alpine skiing outdoor living Real Estate backcountry skiing deer wellness Spring cross-country skiing maple syrup Ziggy nature Snow Whiteface Mountain Adirondack views outdoor recreation Wildlife Fall skiing outdoors weather Lake Placid the lake Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Telemark Tuesday Fall foliage Moose Mt. Marcy The Adirondack Lifestyle eye candy Mt. Van Hoevenberg swimming
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid