It only seems fair to make sure I post a little something when the weather is not so perfect here in the Adirondacks. It is 36 degrees and drizzling here, so we are losing the snow pretty quickly. The forecast calls for snow again starting tonight, so the rain is not such a big deal. But it is pretty dreary and damp out right now. However, there is always something to do in the Adirondacks even on a day like this. A really neat thing to do is visit the 1932 and 1980 Lake Placid Winter Olympic Museum. It is interesting to see some of the old winter sports equipment, and of course, you can watch a video of the Miracle on Ice from the 1980 Games.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
cross-country skiing Alpine skiing Fall foliage wellness Telemark Tuesday Adirondack Real Estate Market skiing trail running outdoors Lake Placid Mt. Marcy eye candy Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory swimming Lake Placid the lake Nordic skiing outdoor living Snow Bears deer Ziggy Wildflowers Snow Pics backcountry skiing Wildlife yoga outdoor recreation Moose Adirondack Property for Sale Lake Placid Real Estate Fall foliage Adirondack views hiking Spring Real Estate weather Adirondack Great Camp maple syrup The Adirondack Lifestyle Mt. Van Hoevenberg Adirondack Lifestyle Whiteface Mountain Road Cycling nature
Some of Our Popular Posts
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga in Lake Placid