It only seems fair to make sure I post a little something when the weather is not so perfect here in the Adirondacks. It is 36 degrees and drizzling here, so we are losing the snow pretty quickly. The forecast calls for snow again starting tonight, so the rain is not such a big deal. But it is pretty dreary and damp out right now. However, there is always something to do in the Adirondacks even on a day like this. A really neat thing to do is visit the 1932 and 1980 Lake Placid Winter Olympic Museum. It is interesting to see some of the old winter sports equipment, and of course, you can watch a video of the Miracle on Ice from the 1980 Games.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
deer outdoor recreation Summer Ziggy Seasons wellness hiking Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory nature Alpine skiing Spring Telemark Tuesday maple syrup outdoor living The Adirondack Lifestyle Adirondack Great Camp outdoors Adirondack Lifestyle weather Lake Placid Real Estate Adirondack views foliage yoga Mt. Marcy Whiteface Mountain Mt. Van Hoevenberg eye candy swimming cross-country skiing skiing Wildlife Fall foliage Nordic skiing holidays Snow Pics Wildflowers backcountry skiing Adirondack Real Estate Market Moose Lake Placid Whiteface Toll Road trail running Fall Snow Real Estate
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike