We are still skiing at Mt. Van Hoevenberg, despite the recent rain. The temperatures dropped and we received around 3 inches of fresh snow on that nice base I was talking about last week. It was great to get a x-c ski in after too many hours in the car and a very indulgent New England Thanksgiving. We kick off the holiday season in style this weekend - skiing and live music! Contrary to popular belief, we do get some culture here in the Adirondacks. For example, tomorrow night, Enter The Haggis, a Celtic Rock band, is playing in Saranac Lake at the Waterhole.
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Bears nature Snow Road Cycling eye candy swimming Adirondack Real Estate Market Whiteface Mountain skiing yoga outdoor recreation cross-country skiing Adirondack views weather Fall Wildflowers Wildlife Nordic skiing wellness Adirondack Great Camp Spring Alpine skiing Mt. Van Hoevenberg Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory foliage outdoor living trail running The Adirondack Lifestyle Lake Placid hiking Summer Telemark Tuesday maple syrup Lake Placid Real Estate Snow Pics Moose Adirondack Lifestyle outdoors deer Ziggy Real Estate backcountry skiing Mt. Marcy Lake Placid the lake Fall foliage
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks