Ok, I can’t resist….here’s the p.m. x-c ski report. What I can’t resist is raving since it is only November 30th and we already have “oh baby” skiing conditions at Mt. Van Hoevenberg. Granted, it is ‘pay attention baby’ conditions too, but considering there is only about 8 inches of snow, the Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA) groomers and staff have done an incredible job. It is a great deal of fun to ski fast down the hills at MVH on skinny skis and freshly rolled trails. I also heard that Whiteface is in beautiful condition. Here’s a tip of the tuque to the snow scientists at ORDA….kudos!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Adirondack Lifestyle on Instagram
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
outdoor living outdoors maple syrup Nordic skiing Adirondack Lifestyle swimming Real Estate Lake Placid Real Estate Wildflowers Adirondack views Seasons Whiteface Mountain deer Fall Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory trail running Adirondack Real Estate Market Adirondack Great Camp Spring Telemark Tuesday Ziggy eye candy Wildlife hiking Whiteface Toll Road wellness Alpine skiing Fall foliage Lake Placid cross-country skiing foliage Snow backcountry skiing skiing Summer The Adirondack Lifestyle Moose weather Mt. Van Hoevenberg Mt. Marcy holidays Snow Pics outdoor recreation nature yoga
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike