Ok, I can’t resist….here’s the p.m. x-c ski report. What I can’t resist is raving since it is only November 30th and we already have “oh baby” skiing conditions at Mt. Van Hoevenberg. Granted, it is ‘pay attention baby’ conditions too, but considering there is only about 8 inches of snow, the Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA) groomers and staff have done an incredible job. It is a great deal of fun to ski fast down the hills at MVH on skinny skis and freshly rolled trails. I also heard that Whiteface is in beautiful condition. Here’s a tip of the tuque to the snow scientists at ORDA….kudos!
My name is Joann
I love outdoor adventures, the natural world, and the lifestyle and culture in the Adirondack Mountains. Welcome to the Adirondack Lifestyle.
Search Adirondack Lifestyle
Lake Placid the lake Wildlife Telemark Tuesday Snow Nordic skiing Wildflowers Summer outdoor living trail running Bears deer Adirondack Lifestyle Wellness Theory Alpine skiing Snow Pics Adirondack Lifestyle Lake Placid Real Estate yoga weather Mt. Van Hoevenberg outdoor recreation Whiteface Mountain Road Cycling Real Estate wellness maple syrup backcountry skiing outdoors hiking Moose Fall foliage Lake Placid Mt. Marcy Spring The Adirondack Lifestyle cross-country skiing skiing eye candy Ziggy nature Fall Adirondack views swimming Adirondack Real Estate Market foliage Adirondack Great Camp
Some of Our Popular Posts
- First Day of September Brings Snow to the Adirondack Mountains
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Owls Head Mountain
- Black Bear Attacks Dog and Man in the Adirondacks
- Short But Sweet Adirondack Hikes – Baxter Mountain
- Swimming in the Adirondacks
- Twelve Moose Get GPS Radio Collars in New York’s Adirondack Mountains
- Cascade Mountain: a Classic Adirondack Hike
- Hurricane Irene Damages in the Adirondacks